Sunday, April 24, 2011

I'm Exhausted in the Lord

I slept about 5 hours last night. Excited to share a day with God and people at the Branches Community Church.

We met at the school at 8:00 to blow up balloons and get the EGGSPLOSION ready. We made quick work of that and watched as many families came in to grab some of the 5,000 candy filled eggs. I don't think that anyone counted but there were probably 70 people there at the EGGSPLOSION. It was fun watching the kids go at it. My mom did a great job organizing the event and everyone did a great job pulling it off.

Then it was worship time! We had a great time together, watching, singing, listening, praying, thinking, etc. Nathan did a great job with the slides. Kris brought the thunder out of John 20 with the message. Brandon, Matt, and Anne Marie had a great set ready for us, including the song by Hillsong United "Stronger". JJ, Lydia, and Steve did a great job with all of the media stuff. Kimberly just seems to do a little bit of everything (including my hair). Tammy and Shelby of course have the coffee, doughnuts, and other drinks ready. I love working with these folks.

My sisters again knocked it out of the park with the little kids. Susan planned a great craft where the kids could roll the stone away. And my wife was great spending time with the kids who were a little too old for the nursery.

God is building a great community of people that love each other. Our talents are spaced out just about perfectly.

What was so exciting this morning was seeing families I had never seen before. God is building His Church. And I am exhausted in the Lord and will get a very good nights sleep tonight.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

SUCH AN AWESOME MORNING! PRAISE GOD!!!

Constance said...

It was a wonderful and exciting day in the Lord.Blessed to be part of The Branches.