Saturday, April 13, 2013

Feeding the Hungry

Today the Branches went and fed some people who were hungry.  They were easy to find.  Right there in the open.  We had a barbecue.  Everyone loves barbecue.

You know what else people love?

Someone to talk to.

Someone who will pat them on the back, give them a hug, or shake their hand.

Someone to joke with.

Someone who will hand them an ice cold Coke.

I talked to several at the park today.  One of the coolest conversations I had was with a man who picked up a Pepsi, instead of a Coke (When a Coke was readily available.).

Me:  "What are you doing?!?"

Him:  "Just grabbing a Pepsi!"

Me:  "Why?!?  There's a Coke right there!"

Him:  Smiling, "You can't tell the difference when you pour them in a glass!"

Me:  "Yes you can!  But they aren't in a glass anyway, they're in a can, one says Coke, one says Pepsi!"

I proceeded to tell him that the next time we come out, which will be soon, we will have a taste test for everyone.  Whichever drink they choose in the blind taste test is the drink they will receive, even me.  We'll just see if I can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi in a glass.

Me and this man had a good time today just mixing it up with our pretend argument.  We both laughed and smiled.  He was fed, and unfortunately, he drank a Pepsi.  But I also think he felt loved today.  I know I felt loved today.

No comments: