Tuesday, August 9, 2011

G J 22960686 A

Anyone know what that is? Well it's the number off of a $20 bill. Yes, I know you're probably surprised that I have a whole $20 in my pocket, quite frankly, so am I. But I was thinking about that number and what it actually means? Why it's there? Then I started thinking that $20 is far less valuable then it used to be.

Thinking back a couple of weeks ago while I was giving out candy bars in Grape Day Park, $20 was actually quite a bit, relatively that is. A man laying on the ground offered me $.09 for a candy bar because that's all he had. I just gave him one, but $.09 is a very little amount of money. As a matter of fact $20 is 222 times the amount of money of $.09. Can you imagine having just $.09? Think about that and let it sink in. Now, can you imagine having just $.09 with no pay check on the way? Think about that and let THAT sink in.

No comments: