Friday, August 12, 2011

My Problem with Christian Radio

I just had KLOVE on in the car. They were making this grand announcement about their upcoming contest. It was like a five minute thing culminating in them saying that they were going to send the winner to...drum roll please...pause for affect...ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO!

What in the world?!? I win stuff on the radio a lot. Most of the people close to me know this. This year I have won a family four pack to Disney on Ice, which we failed to use, two family four packs to Sea World, that's 8 tickets in case you didn't want to do the math, and two tickets to go see Jason Mraz, and meet him, in November.

You know what I'd do if I won a trip to Albuquerque, NM? I'd give it back, actually I'd take it and refuse to go just so that they couldn't give it to someone else to save them from having to go there. I've driven through there many, many times, I don't know why anyone would want to go there, let alone win tickets to go there.

Hence my problem with Christian Radio, or Christian Movies, or Christian media in general. They don't know how do to anything right. I'll say that probably the only exception to this rule is Air 1, which we don't have here in Escondido. For the most part all of Christendom doesn't know how to gain viewers, keep viewers, or put out a quality product.

No comments: