Monday, February 28, 2011

Freedom


Are you for freedom? Are you for other's freedom or just your own? Yesterday I picked up a product, from Family Christian Store, put out by the International Justice Mission called Freedom. It has two CDs from my favorite artists (Toby Mac, Third Day, Relient K, Shane and Shane, Jars of Clay, Natalie Grant, Brandon Heath, etc.) and a DVD with an incredibly emotional documentary about human slavery around the world. The good news is that it is only $5 and it will be the best $5 you spend this year. I believe that a portion of the proceeds go to the IJM.

I want to go rescue some kids right now. But I know, although I can't do that, we as a church can help in a very real and practical way. I will be exploring how practically we can go about fighting slavery in the world today. If you have any ideas or thoughts please send them my way. We are called to help.

"Seek justice, rescue the oppressed, defend the orphan, plead for the widow" Isaiah 1:17

1 comment:

Coby said...

I got this CD a few weeks ago, I'm glad you enjoyed it too.