Thursday, March 10, 2011

Love vs. Hate

These are turbulent times to be a pastor. There is a lot of stuff going around about pastors who are or aren't speaking the truth. One thing that has dawned on me today is that it's not my job to decide what someone says or writes, it is my job, however, as a shepherd to point people to the truth. This does not mean that I hate anyone. It means I'm Biblical.

Jesus denounced false teachers all the time in the New Testament. He did this so that they heard that they were false and so that others heard Him call these false teachers false. A Good Shepherd does that. He let's his flock know when something is fake, false, distorted, wrong, messed up, etc. This was not hate, it was Love.

There were some of these false teachers Jesus spoke to who came to repentance through the teaching, death, and resurrection of Jesus. It is my hope that people who are teaching false doctrines today find what the Truth really is. It is plain, hard to miss, black, white, and red in the Bible. I'm not hating, I'm believing, in Love, the source of all Truth, that people come to know who God is, not who He is not. By the way, this is true, Love Wins, because God is Love

No comments: