Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Day

6:20 a.m. Get up with Will and Lucas.

7:30 a.m. Pack lunches.

7:50 a.m. Take the kids to school and drop off Tonya's grading.

8:15 a.m. Breakfast with Will.

8:30 a.m. Play with Will.

10:00 a.m. Will's nap time. (This means it's Daddy's nap time.)

11:40 a.m. Will's up and at um. (So is Daddy.)

12:00 p.m. Make Will Lunch.

12:30 p.m. Do the dishes and a load of laundry.

12:45 p.m. Will and I go to the store to get mommy some medicine and Gatorade.

1:00 p.m. Do some more dishes. (I knew that some were not dishwasher safe, I just didn't know which ones so I had to hand wash A LOT of them.)

1:30 p.m. Watch the ROAR movie with Will.

2:30 p.m. Do some more dishes. (It's funny how fast they pile up when no one is doing them for a couple of days. I also noticed that we don't have one of those handy things to set them on so they can air dry. After rinsing them I had to dry each one by hand. Did you know that all drying towels are not created equal?)

2:55 p.m. Take Will and pick up the kids from school.

3:10 p.m. Noticed we were low on gas so we had to get some.

3:20 p.m. Have to go get some more groceries. (I guess I missed the extra text.)

3:45 p.m. Get home.

4:00 p.m. Reinforcements come in the form of Aunt Su Su and Uncle Dan. (They distract the kids so I can get a little bit of work done with the printer.)

5:45 p.m. Make dinner for the kids. (Hot Dogs on the grill and chips.)

6:30 p.m. Put on Mega Mind for the kids so I can do some research for the church.

7:30 p.m. Give Will a bath. (Washing his hair for me is a challenge. Even though it's "no more tears" I don't want to get any of that soap in his eyes.)

7:45 p.m. Put clothes on Will and brush his hair.

8:00 p.m. Put Will to bed. Ask Sidney to get in the shower. Play Angry Birds with Lucas.

8:30 p.m. Tell Sidney and Lucas to go to bed. Watch a couple of TV shows.

10:17 p.m. Now.

Before you go thinking I'm super dad just know that this is the kind of day my wife puts in everyday. Except for the fact that she fits her job into that schedule.

It wasn't easy. Now I'm tired and think I may have to do it over again tomorrow. I love my wife and she has had a miserable couple of days. Please pray for her.

Men we need to take care of our families. God has called us to. What kind of husband, father or pastor would I be if I didn't take care of them when they needed me the most.

No comments: